Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baubles

My brother is pretty much a hermit who lives in his room, only leaving for school, meals, or when it's too hot in summer. Sometimes he comes into the living room randomly, always with his MacBook. Here's a representation of him:


He also plays his hardstyle/techno/wtf music AT HIGH VOLUME, ALL THE TIME. It's FUCKING annoying.
Here's what happens if you ask him to use headphones instead of very expensive/capable speakers:


"OH SHIT RUN!!"

Anywho, it's nearly Christmas and of course mother dearest is gearing up the house to look like Rudolph partied all day and all night with Santa and they both exploded into pure Christmas Joy in every room AT ONCE. She also wants me and my brother, 17 and 16 respectively, to help out AND BE EXCITED ABOUT IT. There's only so many ways we can be happy about it. My brother doesn't even try (he hasn't been home from school until about an hour ago, and he's been on the couch still).

Anyway, my mother has been trying to get my brother to hang the baubles on our Christmas tree:


He hasn't done anything, just repeats "I'll do it later!" or some shit about his game or his music (now playing through his Mac's speakers, worse quality than headphones and yet he STILL won't fucking use them). Eventually, my mother cracks. She yells and rants about decorations, "pulling your weight" and laziness, culminating in the best phrase any Joyous person like my mother could possibly yell:


This is how my brother reacted:


Silence fell. My mother gave up. My brother went back to his game. I, as I had been since my mother let out that awesome phrase, was all like:


Until they noticed:


Then I was like:



*Sigh*. Christmas is awesome. It's not even the 15th and funny shit's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment